4/18/08

.

Tonight I worked with the teenager again. But that's all, he's not coming back. They just had him come for these two days. So let me tell you what it's like to work with a 17 year old guy. We stood and talked. That's it. Then we started tossing a bottle of liquid whey protein back and forth, till it busted, so we moved on to a small pack of bath salts, till that busted (it happened when I missed), then a bottle of Colon Cleanse, till that dropped and the lid cracked, but the seal wasn't damaged so we just put it right back on the shelf like nothing ever happened. Then he got a muscle magazine and showed me Mr. Quads, or QuadMonster, or something like that. Also a picture of a pit bull that somebody fed steroids to. Then we kept flipping thru until we got to the centerfold where there was a steamy woman all twisted up with her butt in the air, which made me very uncomfortable, and made him laugh, and then everything went downhill from there. Next thing you know he grabbed a bottle of Breast Assure off the shelf and started laughing and asked me what it was for, knowing full well what it's for, but he just wanted to hear me say it, so I said it makes you grow huge knockers, then a customer came in and I was trying to talk professionally to him, but it didn't work, cause the guy I was working with kept trying to make me laugh, behind the customer's back, and I was beet red in the face and couldn't keep my laughter in. The customer ended up leaving. Then the guy goes, "yeah I gave some of that Breast Assure to my dog, and she grew these HUGE boobs, all nine of them, they were like, dragging the ground, and I had to prop her up and stuff..." And I was all doubled over laughing and then he left and got a sandwich. So that's how I earned my paycheck this evening.

Thank goodness he won't be coming back. This is why I fare much, much better when I work alone. I can't stay focused when there's somebody else there. Did you know that McDonald's coffee is actually really good? When did this happen? Has their coffee been this good all along and I just never noticed it? I've been getting jacked up on caffeine before work each day and it's so much fun, cause then I'm a motormouth with the customers and they think I'm offering good customer service when in reality I'm just happy to have someone to talk to. Take for example this really fat old man who came in tonight. I now know every pill he takes, his eating habits, how many grandchildren he has and what he does for a living. We talked for quite some time and I enjoyed every minute of it. This was when my coworker was getting his sandwich.

I'm doing something new with my blogs now: not re-reading them or anything. Not even checking for misspelled words or if anything doesn't make sense. I'm thinking a raw blog is a good blog. I'm servin it up to you fresh. Straight outta my head. Uncensored and unedited.

Guess what. I got a new story idea today as I was driving to work. I may or may not act upon it though.




http://amyagainsttheworld.blogspot.com/


.